What we read while updating our “Favorite Movies” on Facebook…
- Sadly, comedy lost one of its funniest voices last week, when Greg Giraldo died of an accidental overdose. TMZ featured footage of the great comic’s last performance, and Esquire re-ran a profile of the Harvard Law School grad. The Daily Show featured a “Moment of Greg.” Giraldo left behind three kids, for whom a foundation has been set up.
- Speaking of comic legends, here’s a list of 17 comedians who other comedians love. Somehow, Giraldo was left off.
- Kate Hopkins on the joys of solo dining.
- The retired Supreme Court Justices may not be done just yet.
- Matt Taibbi’s profile of the Tea Party movement is even more negative than the one John S wrote in February (it is also much funnier and better-written). Meanwhile, New York Times Magazine profiled conservative blowhard Glenn Beck.
- Speaking of sources of ignorance, guess which group knows the most about religion….