The Double Bonus podcast is back for Episode 4! Today, John S and Tim break down all the wonders of Championship Week, including the St. John’s-Rutgers scandal, how many overtimes Syracuse and UConn will play, the composure of Anthony Grant, how this week has changed the 1-seed picture, and a potential Duke-UNC rubber match. (They also experience some technical difficulties, but stay poised.) Click here to listen to The Double Bonus’ Championship Week Episode!
Archive for March, 2011
What we read while everyone said “winning”…
- If you’re not excited for baseball season yet, then you should probably stop over at Joe Posnanski’s website: His tribute to the late Duke Snider (as well as his investigation of the 1955 MVP award), along with his look at the career of Jeff Francoeur certainly have us excited for spring. And if you don’t have a baseball team to root for, here’s a very helpful flowchart…
- A few weeks ago, John S described how impressed he was by IBM’s Watson, so you can imagine his surprise when the supercomputer lost to someone from New Jersey (Hint: It wasn’t Tim).
- Speaking of technology, 3D printers are cool and now being used for food.
- Finally, someone has highlighted the brilliance and wonder that is Bill Raftery.
- The Obama Administration’s decision not to defend a federal law (the Defense of Marriage Act) is not unprecedented.
- NPI-favorite blogger Tyler Cowen has some interesting theories on why the quality of fiction is decreasing faster than the quality of non-fiction.
John S and Tim are back with another college basketball podcast (No, they haven’t given up on writing posts… yet), and it’s the longest and most action-packed podcast to date! Today they’re discussing how many BYU honor code violations they’ve committed, the Brandon Davies story (including this story on Deadspin), Duke’s Senior Night, St. John’s and Steve Lavin’s “lack of class,” and the upcoming Duke-UNC battle. If you click here you’re in for the ride of your life….