What we read while joining the ACC…
- The great Mariano Rivera, who not only Tim is in awe of, reached not only 600 saves, but also tied Trevor Hoffman’s all-time saves record. Of coure, Rivera was already the greatest closer ever, but it was nice to reflect on his amazing career. Even if you question the meaning of the “save”….
- We don’t need to tell you Vin Scully is awesome, even if we find his call of Koufax’s perfect game a tad overwrought, Here, Vin remembers his greatest calls, many of which include the original audio.
- In other sporting news, was this year’s U.S. Open a pivotal moment in tennis history?
- Aziz Ansari likes food, and the New York Times is looking for a new food critic. Speaking of food, Dippin’ Dots candy? Really?
- And Chuck Klosterman analyzes college football’s most fascinating offenses.
- What is the best way to educate students?
- Comedians telling hilarious stories – except the one by Dane Cook.
- Tom Junod calls out Jon Stewart for, among other things, not being funny anymore.
- Michele Bachmann won’t stop lying.