What we read while not Googling “Santorum”…
- With so much military grandstanding in the Republican primary races, it’s worth wondering if a nuclear Iran would even be such a bad thing.
- A trio of comedy interviews: Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen talk about Portlandia; Louis C.K. talks about his show and other stuff; Nick Offerman (aka Ron Swanson) talks about writing his own episode.
- Speaking of Ron Swanson, the CEO of PBS defended public television’s funding model.
- It’s been 9 days since President Obama authorized indefinite detention without due process, so it’s worth paying attention to stories like this tragic case of wrongful imprisonment at Guantanamo Bay.
- Jodi Kantor’s new book about the Obamas analyzes the evolution of Michelle Obama as First Lady.
- Chuck Klosterman doesn’t mind drinking “mouse-dissolving acid.”
- Jorge Posada is retiring. John S made a Hall of Fame case for him a few years ago, but will it work?
- A profile of liberal pundit Dylan Ratigan.