What we read while definitely NOT working for Bain Capital…
- Breaking Bad returned last night for the first half of its final season. In honor of the best show on television, Aaron Paul looked back at Jesse Pinkman’s greatest hits, while Bryan Cranston looked at Walter White’s. Also, how accurate is the show’s portrayal of the meth trade?
- Tom Junod’s story on the lethal presidency of Barack Obama was very controversial last week. Junod responded to comments on the Esquire blog, including whether or not targeted killings are a moral improvement over torture. Meanwhile, mainstream politicians just laughed the whole issue off.
- What is in Afghanistan’s future after American troops leave?
- David Roth nails everything that’s wrong with the ESPYs.
- In the wake of the controversy over Daniel Tosh’s rape jokes, here are 15 rape jokes that actually work (including one from Dane Cook, of all people).
- Grantland’s best pieces have tended to be its oral histories. The latest on WFAN is no different.
- Correspondence re: The Great Gatsby.