What we read while everyone said “winning”…
- If you’re not excited for baseball season yet, then you should probably stop over at Joe Posnanski’s website: His tribute to the late Duke Snider (as well as his investigation of the 1955 MVP award), along with his look at the career of Jeff Francoeur certainly have us excited for spring. And if you don’t have a baseball team to root for, here’s a very helpful flowchart…
- A few weeks ago, John S described how impressed he was by IBM’s Watson, so you can imagine his surprise when the supercomputer lost to someone from New Jersey (Hint: It wasn’t Tim).
- Speaking of technology, 3D printers are cool and now being used for food.
- Finally, someone has highlighted the brilliance and wonder that is Bill Raftery.
- The Obama Administration’s decision not to defend a federal law (the Defense of Marriage Act) is not unprecedented.
- NPI-favorite blogger Tyler Cowen has some interesting theories on why the quality of fiction is decreasing faster than the quality of non-fiction.