What we read while shedding a tear for Dick Enberg…
- Think of the oldest picture of a brain you have ever seen. This one is almost certainly older.
What we read while hiding our golf clubs…
- Food is a big part of Thanksgiving. Which food that is, though, depends in part on what region of the country you’re from. Check out this “infographic” which shows where search queries for different Thanksgiving foods came from geographically.
- Speaking of baseball and sabermetrics, as free agency hits, here’s an older piece from Patrick Brown of The Millions about baseball and its relationship with the Internet, including an in-depth analysis of gamecasts and the polarizing nature of J.D. Drew.
What we read while incubating ourselves from the threat of flu…
- Too big to win? We can only wonder what adjective Slate could have used if Jim McGreevey had stayed in the race six years ago.
What we read while trying to remember who won the Nobel Peace Prize last year…
- Speaking of sexiest thises and thats, check out Deadspin/Jeff Pearlman’s humorous account of how Chiefs’ quarterback Elvis Grbac was accidentally named People‘s “Sexiest Athlete.” The last sentence of People entry was “His personality makes him attractive.” Unfortunately (and somewhat surprisingly), Tim did not spot a single Grbac jersey during his adventure at Arrowhead Stadium earlier last weekend.
- And the final word on that Yanks-Twins series: This is the real reason Minnesota was so upset about Phil Cuzzi’s blown call down the left-field line. Who knows what Jason Kubel could have done with Mauer on second?