What we read while wondering if the winners of the Lingerie Bowl play the winners of the Puppy Bowl…
- Michael Weinreb explores the American bacchanalia that is the Super Bowl…
- Michael Kruse starts examining the constitutionality of Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd’s sting operations, but doesn’t dive deeply enough into the crux of the issue for our tastes.
- Over in the movie world, Stephen Tobolowsky explained how Groundhog Day changed his life, while Tara Reid apparently announced plans for a nonexistent sequel to The Big Lebowski. The Writers Guild Awards happened (on two coasts!) and Kristen Schaal hosted the east coast version.
- Speaking of comedy, Dana Carvey was back hosting SNL. Also, old people don’t understand why David Brent is funny.
- Our favorite part of FOX’s NFL broadcasts–referee majordomo Mike Pereira–did an online chat with the Wall Street Journal, hinting at possible changes to the league’s challenge system.
- The Onion strikes again, this time on puppies. Man, we love the Puppy Bowl.
- Tyler Cowen enters the fray on the Chinese mother discussion. He also has a controversial new book out.
- We stumbled upon two websites that attempt to explain the endings of two notoriously impenetrable TV classics.
- Michael Lewis went to Ireland to figure out why the country’s going bankrupt.