Earlier this week, I mentioned that one of the two shows I’m most excited to see come back to TV this fall is NBC’s Parks and Recreation. In fact, I was so excited that I decided to compile the 25 funniest moments from the first three seasons. If you like what you see, then tune in for tonight’s season premiere at 8:30. If not, then watch anyway–I left off a lot a of great stuff: Continue reading »
Posts Tagged ‘Nick Offerman’
Posted by John S in Comedy, TV. Tagged: Adam Scott, Amy Poehler, Andy Dwyer, Aziz Ansari, Ben Wyatt, Chris Pratt, Chris Traeger, Comedy, Fall TV, funniest lines, Jean-Ralphio, Leslie Knope, NBC, Nick Offerman, Parks and Recreation, Parks and Recreation season four, Rob Lowe, Ron Swanson, The Glitter Factory, Tom Haverford. 1 Comment
Posted by NPI in Monday Medley. Tagged: Bill Simmons, Breaking Bad, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, carlos beltran, child pronography, Chuck Klosterman, college degrees, commencement, Community, Conan, cooley law, Dan Harmon, dartmouth, Dave Eggers, DVR, fight club, Grantland, hashtags, keith law, lebron james, miami heat, Nick Offerman, north korea, oprah, Ron Swanson, South Park, statutory rape, the decision, The National, The Wire, Wrigley Field. Leave a Comment
- Grantland.com debuted last week, just in time to cover the Miami Heat loss. Also run during the site’s first week: Chuck Klosterman on DVR mechanics, Dave Eggers on Wrigley Field, and an oral history of The National.
- Speaking of those Heat, remember The Decision? We sure do, as it was a popular topic of conversation for us last summer. Tim started it out by defending The Decision (although he’d like to point out the significant caveat within that piece that reads “so long as he doesn’t curiously choose Miami”). John S defended The Decision even after it took place while Tim expressed disappointment in LeBron’s view of championships. John wondered why everyone claimed James was being selfish and then told some of his most well-known critics to shut their mouths. Finally, he took on the infamous Nike commerical, “Rise.”
- Over at The A.V. Club, Dan Harmon breaks down every episode of Community‘s second season. Meanwhile, did South Park air its series finale last week?
- The NY Times discovers hashtags – outside of Twitter. #so2010 #maybeeven09
- Keith Law reviews Fight Club, at long last.
- Why the “College degrees don’t mean much” stories are wrong — and always have been.
- Some interesting and controversial state appellate rulings this week in statutory rape and child pornography.
- Continuing the trend of comedian commencements, Conan gives Dartmouth’s Commencement Address.
- Nick Offerman wanted Oprah (who had some choice words about her old show) to play his ex-wife on Parks and Recreation. And a slideshow of Ron Swanson emotions!
- A sixth season of The Wire??? Probably not.
- What Carlos Beltran hears in his bats.