The Double Bonus podcast is back to break down the most important questions of this year’s Tournament: What was this year’s worst commercial? Are all 15-2 upsets alike? How did the winner of the West Region not start with the letter “M”? And just how bad was Duke this year? Tim and John S also break down the Final Four, and make predictions for every possible iteration of this weekend. They also break the mold with their choice of theme music. Click here to have your mind completely blown!
Posts Tagged ‘UNC’
It’s the return of the Double Bonus Podcast! The NCAA Tournament has brought Tim and John S out of their unintentional retirement. Today they break down all four regions, pick all 32 games in the First Round (We don’t buy into the new terminology here at NPI), and make their Final Four predictions. Neither technical glitches nor an utter lack of awareness of what happened in college basketball this season slowed them down! It’s a podcast so long it had be split in two: Listen here for Part One, and here for Part Two, the grand finale!
What we read while Adele gave acceptance speeches…
- In case you missed it, Austin Rivers beat UNC with a buzzer-beating three last week. Yeah, it was awesome. Shane Ryan, of Seth Curry Saves Duke and Grantland, broke down the evening’s greatness. In other Duke-related news, Deadspin discovered Cook Out.
- With Whitney Houston’s passing, it’s a fitting time to look back at her life, from her early rise, to her mega-fame in the early ’90s, and even her tabloid-fueling relationship with Bobby Brown. Patrick Bateman, for one, will surely miss her…
- James Fallows breaks down Obama’s presidency in a giant piece for The Atlantic. (If you don’t have time, just read the last line.)
- It may seem like blasphemy, but Will Leitch presents a pretty compelling case against Gus Johnson.
- Sasha Pasulka wonders why punching women in the face is okay if you’re really good at singing.
- Finally, someone says what we’re all thinking: Chipotle is the Apple of Mexican fast-casual dining!
- The Internet has finally put its two favorite NBC shows together in a Tumblr!
- Apparently 90% of people don’t know about Ctrl+F searches.
The Double Bonus podcast is back! In the second podcast of the 2011-12 season, Tim and John S discuss the surprises of the first few weeks of this season. Is UNC as good as we expected? Is Ohio State even better? Have our sleepers looked good so far? Who is the third best team in the ACC? How does Austin Rivers compare to Kyrie Irving? Will Herman Cain be the next president? Also, who will win today’s Kentucky-North Carolina game? All these questions and more are discussed (to no definitive conclusions, of course) in today’s podcast. (Though, due to technical difficulties, we weren’t able to add the Pacific Life theme song, which, of course, is usually the best part of NPI Comes Alive!) Click here to listen to the podcast of a lifetime.
The Double Bonus returns! With college basketball season officially underway–and Monday’s 24-hour marathon on ESPN being a reminder of how awesome college basketball is–John S and Tim return for their first ever in-person podcast! Together they break down their picks for each of the major conferences, discuss sleepers and POY candidates, and fondly reminisce about the good old days of the 2009 season. Click here to listen to the podcast that will change your life!