What we read while almost leading the Bears’ fourth-quarter comeback…
- NPI mourns the passing of writer and, for a lucky few of us, professor Reynolds Price. Price was an institution at our alma mater, someone who fought hard against the excesses of the University that have come to light all too often over the past few years. In addition to his work representing Duke University and the American South, he was also a frequent guest on Charlie Rose.
- Kim Clijsters became one of our favorite female tennis players with this post-match interview.
- You’re probably not going to believe this, but the real Baltimore Police Commissioner is not a fan of The Wire. Predictably, David Simon has a response.
- A couple long reads caught our eye this week, with Tom Junod’s exploration of FOX News’ chief Roger Ailes at Esquire and Gabriel Sherman’s profile of Deadspin editor A.J. Daulerio in GQ. (Here’s an SEO hint, kids: Look at GQ‘s URL for that story.)
- Tim hasn’t necessarily hid his Auburn fandom over the last few months, but things like this make him proud to say he’s an out-of-state Auburn fan.
- Murray Hill is rightfully mocked (it’s from a while ago, but it still applies).
- The Awl gives us much-needed guidelines when it comes to dating coworkers.