What we read while waiting until midnight PACIFIC time…
- Season Four of Arrested Development went online at 3 AM EST yesterday, ending our long national nightmare of no new episodes of Arrested Development. But did fans binge-watch, or savor the new episodes as Mitch Hurwitz recommended? Hurwitz did the press tour to promote the show’s new episodes, and thank the fans for bringing it back. The cast also made the rounds.
- In other comedy news, Michael Schur talks about his new pilot getting picked up, and a history of Stella and the Internet comedy boom.
- The trials of the cop speaking out on stop-and-frisk.
- President Obama gave a speech about the war on terrorism, after acknowledging that four Americans have been killed in drone strikes. There was some to like in the speech, but it remains to be seen what, if any, actions will follow. The ACLU is not a fan.
- You might be a liberal imperialist if…
- This week in oral histories: The 2003 World Series of Poker.
- A map of every place Bob Dylan ever sang about.