What we read while Tim Tebow cried…
- It’s been a while since we linked to any David Foster Wallace stuff, or any grammar staff (RIP Safire), but here’s a little of both: A former student of Wallace’s posted a brief Grammar Challenge on HTML Giant. If you think you know your stuff, try to get all 10; if you just want to skip to the answers, here they are; if you don’t think grammar is important (even after our repeated defenses of it), then read this.
- If you still care about that whole Tiger thing, well, here’s the story by Esquire‘s Charles P. Pierce that helped transform Woods into sports’ most private superstar from back in 1997. Last week, Pierce re-examined Woods in light of these new, umm, revelations.
- Nos. 4, 28, and 49 are our favorites. What’s yours?
- We previously endorsed an evil billionaire in the race for mayor of New York City. Well, guess who was the top write-in candidate.
- If you thought John S took The Office to task back in September, well, he’s got nothing on Awl’s Meghan Keane, who calls the NBC comedy the “most depressing show on television.”