What we read while accidentally occupying Main Street…
- The Occupy Wall Street protests are heating up, with Matt Taibbi offering his uncharacteristically reasonable advice. Meanwhile Mike Konczal does a statistical analysis of the “99%” that’s interesting whether you sympathize with the protests or not.
- The lost notebooks of Hank Williams (it’s the good one, so there are no Obama-Hitler comparisons).
- Jeffrey Eugenides new novel is sort of about David Foster Wallace, kind of!
- Dan Harmon clarifies some stuff about the latest confusing episode of Community, while this chart breaks down the multiple timelines.
- The NBA officially cancelled two weeks of games as the owners look for a bailout.
- A college basketball documentary to get excited about.
- In baseball news, Michael Schur reacts to the Boston Red Sox fallout, Joe Posnanski breaks down the worst contracts in baseball, and the Florida Marlins announce the most beautiful thing in history.