What we read while being thankful for the stuff we bought on Black Friday…
- Our long national nightmare is over: Players and owners have reached a deal and the NBA will resume again on Christmas, probably! Players were so excited they took to Twitter. It should be no surprise, though, that the deal benefits the Miami Heat, the villains of the league.
- In other sports labor news, Jonah Keri is not a fan of the new MLB CBA.
- We’ve been following the Occupy Wall Street story in the wake of the galvanizing pepper spray incidents, which Fox News, of course, tried to downplay. New York magazine tried to analyze Mayor Bloomberg’s confusing response to the protests, and The New Yorker had a great story on the movement’s origins.
- In other stories of political disillusionment, David Frum bemoans the current state of the Republican Party, while Conor Friedersdorf wonders why liberals keep making excuses for Obama.
- The recent PBS documentary on Woody Allen led Will Leitch and Tim Grierson to rank every Woody film.
- In college basketball news, the relationship between Alex Oriakhi and his coach keeps getting testier.
- Another professor analyzes the syllabi of David Foster Wallace.