What we read while Billy Crystal sang…
- Bill Wyman explains the Oscas’ sequel problem, which is close to the point John S tried to make back in 2009.
- Baseball’s almost back! To get you excited, Sam Fuld relived last season’s riveting final day, SABR created a Google Doc of old-timey baseball articles, and NPI-favorite (at least on Twitter) Brandon McCarthy landed the cover of ESPN: The Magazine. In other baseball news, how did The Simpsons put together the famous “Homer At The Bat” episode 20 years ago?
- The NYPD has been spying on Muslim students throughout the Northeast, as part of a spying program the AP has been exposing for months. Which makes one wonder: Why don’t Americans riot anymore?
- Some TV critics have been bemoaning this season of 30 Rock for turning Liz Lemon dumb. Emily Nussbaum, though, has come bravely to her defense.
- In honor of David Foster Wallace’s birthday last week, here’s everything he ever wrote for Harper’s. The Point wrote about DFW’s relationship with Jonathan Franzen (referencing Franzen’s oft-discussed piece for The New Yorker last year). Also, did DFW hate AC/DC?