What we read while Mike Wallace didn’t throw out the first pitch…
- Baseball has begun! Opening Day was last week, and fans in New York and Boston are already panicking. Both teams are 0-3, and Baltimore is 3-0: The world is on its head.
- David Simon is sick of hearing about how much you love The Wire. Actually, as he later explained to Alan Sepinwall, he’s just sick of people reducing the show down to who is the coolest character.
- Speaking of showrunners, an interview with the head of Happy Endings. And Aaron Sorkin appears to have inspired a generation of political operatives.
- The American police state continues to expand with little outcry. Internet freedom continues to get squeezed, and cops can now patrol your hallway in New York City.
- Rand Paul is the most important anti-war politician.
- The worst of Park Slope.
- What does the word “blog” even mean?