What we read while trying to find some NFL Draft coverage…
- The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was this weekend, but what the hell is the point of that thing anyway? Elsewhere in the world of political journalism, Conor Friedersdorf examines Glenn Beck’s Web TV network. On the other end of the political spectrum (probably), Aaron Sorkin’s new show is about the world of cable news.
- The New York Times examines how good the F.B.I. is at stopping the terrorist plots that it hatches and funds. It almost makes you think that Muslim anger at the United States might not be all about hating freedom.
- Chuck Klosterman catches the world’s least desirable double feature: In one night he saw Creed and Nickelback in an effort to understand why those bands are so hated.
- Alex Baze talks about working with Del Close in Chicago. Matt Walsh talks about studying under Del Close, among other things, in this AV Club interview.
- Mike Nifong’s successor as Durham County D.A. has followed in his footsteps: she has also been removed from office.
- Derek Jeter is off to a great start this season, but what are the odds of him catching Pete Rose’s hit total?
- One of the better technological solutions you’ll see today.