What we read while being passed over for VP yet again…
- Coach K capped his career as the Team USA head coach with a win over Spain in yesterday’s gold medal game. Speaking of the Olympics, Individual Spring Track Cycling is odd.
- In case you missed it, Mitt Romney chose Paul Ryan as his running mate. Nate Silver called the choice “risky,” though voices in both parties seem happy about it. This probably means one of them is wrong. If you don’t know much about Ryan, The New Yorker just ran a presciently-timed profile. Also, here’s Jonathan Chait on Ryan from April, and Matt Taibbi on him from last year.
- Speaking of the Romney campaign, Vanity Fair on the Karl Rove renaissance.
- Evgeny Morozov takes down TED.
- Another reason to work for Google…
- Why is the reaction different when terrorists are white?
- Andy Kindler criticizes Louis C.K. (gasp!).