What we read while strategically placing our infield flies…
- The tragic but inspiring story of Tig Notaro, whose set you can now buy from Louis C.K. Speaking of Louis C.K., is Jerry Seinfeld the anti-Louie?
- The San Francisco Weekly explains how Bleacher Report — home to, without hyperbole, the trashiest, most nonsensical sports “articles” on the web — grew to be worth $200 million.
- Some stuff from Noam Chomsky about Occupy Wall Street and the upcoming election. Glenn Greenwald also finds the election to be an illusion of choice.
- Speaking of which, there was a debate last week, which Mitt Romney apparently won. This drove some Obama supporters nuts. They can be an hysterical bunch. Meanwhile, the confessions of an anonymous partisan. And a great piece by Ta-Nehisi Coates from a few weeks ago.
- What did David Foster Wallace have to say about comedy?
- More reasons to get excited for Arrested Development‘s imminent return.
- Joe Posnanski apologizes to Yankee fans for doubting the team.
- The New Yorker covers the making of Korean pop.
- The New York film locations of North by Northwest, then and now.