Man, MTV is starting early this season with the To Be Continued episodes, huh?
Not that this week’s episode lacked for drama. First, we had a night out ending in tears after Knight pulled the old “throw someone’s laundry into the pool” trick. Knight seemed to think soaking Nany’s clothes was some great strategic gambit, since it would “get in her head.” Nany did flip out and threaten to leave the game afterwards, but aren’t she and Knight on the same alliance? What’s the sense in picking a fight with someone who’s on your side?
In reality, Knight’s antics only solidified Las Vegas’ team bond and made everyone else in the house hate him. Plus, it wasn’t even original: Tonya did that back in Inferno II.
Anyway, the challenge this week was actually a pretty a good one: In “Don’t Weight Me Down,” the teams were split in half, with one half holding a suspended basket and the other half throwing rocks into the suspended baskets of other teams. I say that it was a good one because it seems like it would have been fun to watch, but the solid alliance of this season made it pretty rote. They simply went one by one, eliminating Brooklyn first, then Fresh Meat, and then each other until Cancun emerged as Power Team.
Cancun seemed to flirt with the idea of sending in St. Thomas, who still remain on the fence of the alliance, but ultimately the Power Team chose Fresh Meat for its fourth Arena.
This set up a poignant battle between Devyn, who gallantly volunteered herself in the episode’s final moments, and Eric. The Eric/Devyn relationship is a confusing one—apparently she’s usually into rich, older white guys, and he apparently builds “walls” to keep people away. But these two crazy kids seem to like each other, so I’m rooting for them.
Unfortunately, though, one of them will be going home next week. We just don’t know who, because MTV’s editors couldn’t shave four minutes off Nany and Knight’s drunken fight….
Better Rank Than Never…
7) Freah Meat (Eric/Camila) (—): Does the fact that this elimination challenge is Mental help them, you think?
6) Brooklyn (Chet/JD/Sarah/Devyn) (-2): Devyn seems like dead weight, but I don’t see how possibly losing two players can be at all beneficial in this format.
5) St. Thomas (Robb/Trey/Laura/Marie) (+1): Pick a side, guys.
4) New Orleans (Preston/Knight/Jemmye/McKenzie) (+1): Man, I really hate Knight.
3) Las Vegas (Alton/Dustin/Trishelle/Nany) (—): This team’s probably the lowest on the alliance’s totem pole, but it has Alton.
2) San Diego (Frank/Zach/Ashley/Sam) (-1): Frank seems to be making enemies, and Zach didn’t look impressive holding the basket in the challenge.
1) Cancun (CJ/Derek/Jasmine/Jonna) (+1): Power Team=#1