What we read while picking the worst day to skydive from only 23 miles up…
- It was a rough weekend to be a Yankee fan, as the team dropped two games to Detroit and Derek Jeter broke his ankle and missed the first playoff game of his career. Joe Posnanski pondered life without Jeter, and also wrote about A-Rod’s struggles. He also hung out with Pete Rose.
- A revealing video on the abuses of NYPD’s stop-and-frisk policy.
- What happens when sportswriters turn into celebrities?
- There was a Vice Presidential debate last week, but what topics weren’t covered? Just like the first Presidential debate, key issues were ignored by the candidates and moderator, such as the Drug War, which Gary Johnson (who has been excluded from the debates, of course) wrote about last week.
- Speaking of silenced opinions, what is happening to free speech?
- Reflections on last week’s holiday.
- An interview with the new showrunners of Community.
- A story on the weird deal between T. Boone Pickens and the Oklahoma State Athletic Department.
- Frontline‘s excellent piece on high school dropouts is available online. PBS is so much more than Big Bird.