What we read while sorting through binders full of bad binders full of women jokes…
- It was a rough week for Yankees fans, as the team was swept by Detroit in the ALCS, a series in which they scored only six runs, Alex Rodriguez got benched twice, and Derek Jeter suffered a devastating injury. Writers leapt to pen obituaries for the team, including one from Jonah Keri, one from Joe Posnanski, and one from Roger Angell. Now get ready for an offseason of ridiculous scapegoating, myths about clutch hitting, and absurd trade rumors. As if sitting through these commercials this postseason wasn’t bad enough…
- In other baseball news, Posnanski on Carlos Beltran.
- Former Senator George McGovern, a hero of the progressive movement, died this weekend at the age of 90. Here’s an interview he did a few years ago.
- Jill Stein, the Green Party’s nominee for President, and her running mate were arrested at last week’s debate. This isn’t surprising, given the fraudulent spectacle that the debates have become. But at least the election has led to this.
- The recent “terror plot” against the Federal Reserve renews questions about just how the FBI stops (and starts) these plots. Meanwhile, the CIA tries to expand its drone fleet while President Obama talks about bringing justice to Benghazi. And an interview with a former Al Qaeda leader.
- Jeremy Lin returned to New York City. In other New York basketball news, some local residents have some complains about the Barclays Center.
- Perhaps we shouldn’t pursue passion.