What we read while everyone misremembered Mary Shelley’s book…
- Last week was the foreign policy debate, which spent a total of about one minute discussing the devastating secret drone program. When pressed, an Obama spokesman offered this defense of killing an American teenager. Good thing the “assassination czar” is so “priest-like.” On the other side, Robert Wright argues that Mitt Romney is more likely to start a war, and Stephen Walt analyzes the “genius” of neoconservatism.
- In other election news (sorry, but only 8 more days!), President Obama sat down with Rolling Stone, and Matt Taibbi responded to some of his points. Ezra Klein called Obamacare the most important issue in the election. Time wonders why climate change has essentially disappeared as an issue. And is Ron Paul the future of the American left? Finally, Mitt Romney’s homophobic past, and his differences from Mormon’s early socialist history.
- Joe Posnanski on the artistry of Bob Costas.
- A touching, personal defense of euthanasia.
- Where did the myth of voter-fraud come from?
- Sexy/sexist Halloween costumes.