What we read while not searching for sugarman . . .
- Steven Brill’s excellent article on why health care is so expensive. Maybe Watson, the Jeopardy!-winning robot, can help.
- Why don’t point guards win Player of the Year? And can a Division II coach in West Virginia fix college basketball’s scoring problem?
- Bradley Manning has now been in jail for more than 1,000 days, many of them in solitary confinement, which now even George Will is against.
- A revealing story on the science of junk food.
- Reclining on an airplane: Evil or monstrously evil?