What we read while Tiger Woods also lost at the Teen Choice Awards…
- President Obama offered some NSA reforms, which the New York Times said “tinker around the edges” of the problem and the ACLU deemed “not nearly sufficient.” Of course, Obama has lost most of his credibility regarding surveillance, and he couldn’t help take a swipe at Edward Snowden. Meanwhile, we keep learning more about dangerous loopholes in NSA policy and the creepy cooperation of most US companies.
- An amazing story on the abuse of civil forfeiture laws throughout the country.
- The 10 year anniversary of The O.C. was last week. It was one of the seminal shows of the Aughts. Alan Sepinwall interviewed the show’s creator Josh Schwartz, and writer J.J. Philbin.
- More on the Alex Rodriguez situation, including a legal analysis of his appeal and a compendium of the most hateful diatribes directed his way.
- A report on the NYPD’ s conduct during Occupy Wall Street (spoiler alert: It’s not good).
- Damon Lindelof on the art of writing blockbusters.