What we read while watching people get concussed…
- The latest NSA revelations, which are some are suggesting might be the worst yet, show that the Agency systematically undermined privacy all over the Internet. Oh, and they also monitor your smart phone. If you’re having trouble keeping track of all the NSA’s misdeeds, Al-Jazeera has a helpful timeline of all Edward Snowden’s leaks. But don’t worry about the NSA, because what they’ve got pales in comparison to the DEA.
- Congress will likely vote on military action in Syria this week, though many are still skeptical about the evidence and the efficacy of the strikes. A familiar bipartisan coalition in Congress seems likely to vote against it, which may surprise the press, given the lopsided media coverage thus far. Meanwhile, a map of all the places John McCain has wanted to bomb.
- Josh Burdette, a fixture of D.C.’s 9:30 club, passed away last week. He was 36.
- Eight obstacles to youth resistance movements.
- John Lahr’s profile of Homeland‘s Claire Danes.