What we read instead of going to the WWII Memorial…
- A long talk with Antonin Scalia, whose legal reasoning may be incoherent, according to Richard Posner.
- Is the Tea Party the heir to the John Birch Society? And on how the Dallas Morning-News hated President Kennedy.
- Nate Silver took some time off from building his new website to make some points about the government shutdown.
- On the connection between slavery and modern management.
- David Byrne on New York City in 1977 and now.
- Against Teach for America.
- How did solitary confinement go from torture to standard practice in American prisons?