What we read while staying on Richard Sherman’s good side…
- President Obama gave a speech announcing changes to the NSA’s controversial surveillance policies. The changes are, to many observers, only superficial and insufficient. Obama endorsed the principles behind the surveillance, leaving most of the policies intact and refusing to seriously challenge the NSA. Though some saw the speech as a victory for critics of the NSA.
- Stop saying “Do what you love. Love what you do.”
- Is it illegal to want to kill and eat your wife? The answer might surprise you…
- The story of Richard Ben Cramer and Alex Rodriguez.
- David Wain and Michael Showalter talk about their new romantic comedy parody.
- Did the War on Poverty work? Have cities helped ease global poverty? Is it smart to make education all about social mobility? And what is the future of jobs in an automated world?
- A good week for Reddit AMAs: First Daniel Ellsberg talked about leaking the Pentagon Papers and such, then Bill Murray talked about movies and comedy.