What we read while not eating that disgusting pizza…
- Harold Ramis, a true comedy legend, died last week at the age of 69. Incredibly influential and personable, Ramis was behind some of the funniest films of the last 35 years, particularly his collaborations with Bill Murray (though the two had a falling out after Groundhog Day). Here’s an oral history of Ghostbusters, one of those great comedies.
- In other tragic comedy news, a comedian live-tweets her father’s death.
- Jeremy Scahill fit in naturally at last night’s Oscars.
- Alex Pareene takes down Andrew Ross Sorkin and The New York Times.
- What’s it like for young people on Wall Street?
- Yahoo webcam images were captured and stored by the GCHQ. With privacy concerns on the rise, is Google vulnerable to competition?
- A shocking look at the Fed meetings that preceded the crash of 2008.
- On solitary confinement and the hunger strike in California prisons.
- What it costs to write a novel.