What we read while giving our Moms a day off (with no pay)…
- It was a dark day for TV fans last week when NBC cancelled Community. The low-rated show was a critical darling and one of the smartest, funniest, and best written shows on TV. It will be missed.
- In other TV news, it’s been ten years since the Friends finale. In honor of the show, here’s a look at which of the friends were the closest, and how the series depicted New York City.
- Cecily McMillan, the Occupy Wall Street protester who was arrested and allegedly abused by the NYPD, was convicted of assaulting a police officer and now faces up to seven years in prison. Even the jury that convicted her thinks that’s crazy. McMillan responded to the verdict and plans to appeal, and now has the support of Pussy Riot.
- Here’s what net neutrality is.
- This week in oral histories: The 2002 Western Conference Finals.