What we read while offering Jill Abramson a job…
- Glenn Greenwald’s new book on the Edward Snowden revelations is generating a lot of attention, once again shedding light on the gross abuses by the NSA, the US surveillance state, and the lies told by the government. It’s also bringing more attention to Greenwald himself, gadfly of the American press.
- The fate of school reform in Newark.
- Jill Abramson, the first female executive editor of The New York Times, was fired last week. There was some controversy about the move.
- How many deaths is the World Cup worth?
- Tim Geithner has a new book about his role in the financial crisis.
- The origins of Donkey Kong.