What we read while deleting our emails from Qatar…
- Edward Snowden sat down with Brian Williams for his first TV interview since last year’s NSA revelations. Secretary of State John Kerry offered some (incredibly disingenuous) criticism of Snowden. Daniel Ellsberg, who Kerry praised, responded to Kerry’s attack.
- In the aftermath of Elliot Rodger’s massacre and the polarizing hashtags it inspired, two prominent nerds, Chris Gethard and Arthur Chu, write passionately and brilliantly about male attitudes toward women.
- David Graeber reviewed Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the 21st Century, and talked to Thomas Frank about the evolution of labor.
- On police abuses worse than stop-and-frisk. Meanwhile, the War on Drugs continues to destroy lives, even of toddlers. Is it time to talk about redemption in criminal justice?
- Socrates on trolling.
- More like unfair trade, am I right?