What we read while making nostalgic Top Ten lists…
- David Letterman, the longest running late night host on TV, announced his retirement last week. Tributes to him poured in from the rest of television, which owes him a debt of gratitude. (If you’re curious what the fuss about Letterman is about, you can watch this or this or this or this or this or this.) Letterman was also the subject of the first short story David Foster Wallace published in a national magazine.
- Michael Lewis has a new book on the latest Wall Street scam.
- Was firing its CEO for opposing gay marriage the right thing for Mozilla to do?
- Emily Nussbaum on TV shows with bad fans.
- More tales from America’s absurd criminal justice system. Meanwhile, should juveniles be on sex offender lists?
- Ralph Nader weighs in on GM’s latest safety travesty.
- Shocking! A politician who actually agrees with most Americans on pot, gay marriage, and the NSA!
- The latest comic book movie is an attack on the Obama kill list.