What we read while North Korea tried to book Toni Kukoc next…
- Larissa MacFarquhar’s comprehensive account of the life and tragic death of Aaron Swartz.
- Rand Paul spoke for 13 hours on the floor of the Senate, filibustering John Brenna’s confirmation to protest the Obama Administration’s use of drones and bringing attention to the country’s drone policy. Though Attorney General Eric Holder wrote a response to Senator Paul, there are still unanswered questions (as well as the unreleased report on CIA torture) about the program and Paul vowed to keep fighting. Meanwhile, the NYT ran a story on the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, which was condemned by the ACLU for selective disclosure.
- Vulture is now trying to determine the best sitcom of the past 30 years. Will Leitch picked Cheers over Arrested Development.
- Speaking of bracketology, an account of Dick Vitale’s love for Duke.
- David Foster Wallace on five common usage errors.
- On Jerry Brown’s second term as California Governor.
- Reflections on the 10 year anniversary of the Iraq War.
- Can one woman change the nature of Internet porn?