What we read while Adele gave acceptance speeches…
- In case you missed it, Austin Rivers beat UNC with a buzzer-beating three last week. Yeah, it was awesome. Shane Ryan, of Seth Curry Saves Duke and Grantland, broke down the evening’s greatness. In other Duke-related news, Deadspin discovered Cook Out.
- With Whitney Houston’s passing, it’s a fitting time to look back at her life, from her early rise, to her mega-fame in the early ’90s, and even her tabloid-fueling relationship with Bobby Brown. Patrick Bateman, for one, will surely miss her…
- James Fallows breaks down Obama’s presidency in a giant piece for The Atlantic. (If you don’t have time, just read the last line.)
- It may seem like blasphemy, but Will Leitch presents a pretty compelling case against Gus Johnson.
- Sasha Pasulka wonders why punching women in the face is okay if you’re really good at singing.
- Finally, someone says what we’re all thinking: Chipotle is the Apple of Mexican fast-casual dining!
- The Internet has finally put its two favorite NBC shows together in a Tumblr!
- Apparently 90% of people don’t know about Ctrl+F searches.