What we read while not watching ice dancing…
- Inside a Wall Street secret society party. But what’s really wrong with rich people having a party and making bad jokes?
- A full breakdown of the career of Bill Murray thus far.
- A court in the UK has defended the detention of David Miranda last year in a move that, some say, equates journalism with terrorism. Meanwhile, back in America, a federal court dismissed a challenge to NYPD spying.
- From last year: A photo essay on domestic violence.
- The resurgence of debtors’ prisons in America. And an argument for rethinking prison sentencing in general.
- This week in oral histories: Reality Bites, the movie that (sort of) defined Generation X. On the other hand, a competing view of the film.