What we read while busting out our old vuvuzelas….
- Gene Wojciechowski chronicles his surprisingly exhausting experience at Coach K’s fantasy basketball camp.
- We like stories about smart atheletes who are intellectually engaged: so naturally this piece on Ross Ohlendorf was quite enjoyable. Speaking of smart atheletes who are intellectually engaged, Elana Kagan once penned a nice little note to President Clinton.
- Speaking of athletes, the NBA Finals have people questioning whether or not Kobe Bryant is actually a clutch player. When will people learn that clutch players are a myth?
- Amid the myriad things to love about this–I mean, the puns alone are worth it–I think my favorite is the idea of a story being attributed to Craig Ehlo.
- Thom Yorke thinks the music industry is going to implode in months, so it’s a good thing Radiohead already had a pretty good couple decades.
- Have you ever wondered what a conversation between Megan Fox and Zach Galifianakis would sound like? Well then I have a story for you….
- We tried icing Tim, but it turns out he kinda likes Smirnoff Ice. Totally ruins it for everyone involved.
- Duke Magazine scored an exclusive interview with Duke professor and soccer expert Laurent Dubois. How did they do it??? Speaking of the World Cup, while “Hand of Clod” has been deservedly getting a lot of attention for being the best headline coming out of that travesty of a tie, our personal favorite is “It was all going so well, then…Calamity.” Who needs a game story when that’s the headline?
- Feels like it’s been some time since we linked to some fiction. Here’s Loretta Lopez. She’s a Mexican high schooler. It’s good.