What we read after deleting the AP from our contacts…
- The Obama Administration seized two months’ worth of phone records from the Associated Press, ostensibly to investigate a leak in Yemen. Understandably, reporters did not like this infringement on freedom of the press, citing the “horrific chilling effect on journalism.” The law behind the seizure is tricky (and may be changing), but the dangerous effects are already clear.
- Angelina Jolie had a preemptive double mastectomy and spoke out about BRCA.
- The future of online education.
- Jaron Lanier on the Internet and the middle class. Also, a review of Lanier’s new book and other Internet partisans.
- Here’s what OWS is up to lately.